Junior Commercial Manager
About Ocean Infinity
Ocean Infinity is a pioneer of large scale marine robotic operations deploying robotic technologies to capture ocean data and deliver maritime solutions whilst minimising our environmental footprint. We are building the world’s largest fleet of marine robotic vehicles, offering the safest and most sustainable operations the industry has ever seen. Our purpose is to innovate using robotics and technology to transform industries, enabling people and the planet to thrive.
Our core belief that the seemingly impossible can be achieved with innovative, creative thinkers and cutting-edge technology has remained at the heart of the company. Ocean Infinity is a place where creativity and innovation is demanded and allowed to flourish. The team is constantly developing the most advanced technology and data handling capabilities in order to remain at the forefront of the industry.
Ocean Infinity Group Ltd is a leading data analytics and marine robotics business. Operating in the oceans worldwide we push industry boundaries with innovative technology and thinking. We safely and sustainably deliver ultra-high-quality data that has been acquired at unmatched speeds. We provide answers for our clients in a way the industry has never seen before.
Ambrey was established in 2010 to offer a dynamic and creative solution putting clients’ needs first, providing safety, security, marine and risk management services to the Shipping, Oil & Gas, and Offshore industries.
In June 2021, Ambrey became part of Ocean Infinity. Ocean Infinity is a world leading marine robotics and data business with a mission to transform operations at sea, using innovative technology, to help people and the planet thrive. The acquisition combines Ocean Infinity’s robotic vessels, data, cyber, artificial intelligence, and low emission operations with one of the leading brands in the maritime security sector, expanding our operations into North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa.
This position is for a full-time Junior Commercial Manager for Ambrey’s Commercial Division. The successful candidate will develop and maintain client relationships in order to maximise the commercial success of the armed maritime security business consistent with Ambrey’s philosophy, global requirements and practices. This post will report to the Regional Manager.
Description and Main Purpose of the Job
The responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- To work with the Regional Manager to develop and maintain client relationships to maximise the commercial success of the armed maritime security business consistent with Ambrey’s philosophy, global requirements, and practices
- To implement the above and develop new leads and client relationships within allocated region
- To evaluate previous clients that are not currently actively managed to determine the best candidates to benefit from greater exposure to Ambrey’s services
- To actively monitor new sales and repeat business in your territory to ensure they are implemented by the service delivery team in line with client requirements
- To support Senior Managers in the Commercial team as directed in support of company strategy and sales targets
- To coordinate and conduct regular reviews of sales and account management strategy with the commercial team
- To manage client relationships and the commercial management of their transit’s day to day
- Advise clients on Anti-Piracy measures providing subject matter expert advice as required
- To provide client feedback input to the commercial strategy
- Working with the Operations Team to ensure that the client’s needs are both met and managed in accordance with any/all operational constraints within a given region
- The ideal candidate should be excited about the opportunity, motivated and experienced
- Experience and clear understanding of client relationship management responsibilities and the ability to nurture relationships with clients is crucial
- Strong interpersonal communications and the ability to build trust and respect with Ambrey clients focusing on the long-term interests of the business
- Ability to network and establish relationships with client organisations and identify improvements to commercial procedures to meet their needs
- Strong IT skills including using excel to analyse data and the company bespoke client relationship management tool
- Works efficiently and calmly to tight deadlines with the ability to coordinate activities and facilitate team and individual goals
- Happy to travel overseas to visit clients and present up to date and current news from Ambrey
- Coach co-ordinators on best practices and handing daily issues and tasks and resolve issues with contracts and invoicing
- Assists the Senior Managers and directors and works as a member of a cohesive team and accept extra duties as situations arise
- Ensure timely collection of debt. Assist Commercial Management by producing weekly and monthly reports and to develop annual client strategy and plans based on working day to day knowledge of the clients
- Establish and maintain a thorough understanding of all your client’s needs and requirements
- Be interchangeable with other members of the team and able to cover during times of leave / illness etc.
- Take ownerships and responsibility of allocated clients out of hours during weekdays
- Act as the out of hours contact for your team on a rotational duty basis
- To meet targets and KPIs to progress through the bandings of the business with a view to promotion
- Assertiveness and drive with strong influencing skills
- Excellent communication skills – written & oral (informal and presentation to board level). Professional, thorough and detail orientated
All Team Members
- Complies with Ocean Infinity management system policies, all OIMS practices, programs, and procedures
- Successfully completes required training as identified by OIMS and the management team
- Participates in the OIMS by reporting events, attending meetings and workshops, reporting problems, and recommending improvements, and other related activities
- Informs an Ocean Infinity Supervisor, Team Lead, or Manager of any unidentified risks, hazards, or system deficiencies in the workplace.
- Supports Ocean Infinity’s environmental and social goals
Ocean Infinity is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
If you’re interested in being part of our team, we’d love to hear from you. Just send a cover letter and a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Job Description for this post will be subject to routine review and revision in order to meet the developmental requirements of the company. The post holder may be required to undertake additional appropriate duties as directed and required.