Marine Insurance Technician
Ambrey Insurance Brokers Limited is a world first, intelligence-led, disruptive insurance broker with one clear guiding principle; we put our clients first. Our disruptive approach to insurance buying allows us to offer considered and competitive insurance solutions, along with dedicated support for any claims that occur. We have a global network which enables us to deliver local expertise at country level and market knowledge in the local language.
Due to rapid expansion within the Marine team, a permanent job for a Marine Insurance Technician working on Operations and Broking Support has arisen. This position will be based in our London office where you will join our recently established Marine team. As a Marine Insurance Technician, you will be responsible for an all-encompassing and diverse role.
- Responsible for the preparation of all technical documentation; MRC Slips and MRCE, Endorsements, invoicing of Premiums & Bordereau, Credit/Debit notes and submission to Xchanging via IMR.
- Assist the Head of Marine and the team with premium signings and dealing with Xchanging.
- Support the Broker in servicing client accounts, managing their technical needs and be confident enough to liaise and keep up with the demands of clients and underwriters.
- Monitoring and Actioning Bureau Held Funds and Monthly KPI’s you will be heavily involved in all operational targets set by the head of Operations.
- Preparation of Slips and Underwriting information for broking purposes.
- Preparation of cover notes, premium, Contract Load Up & all relevant documentation.
- Assist with the placing of business as required.
- Liaison with clients and markets as necessary.
- Maintenance of placing files.
- Provide support to Ambrey Insurance Brokers Directors, Consultants & Brokers.
- Assist in controlling premiums, commissions, allocating cashes, chasing bad debts & other monetary functions.
- Adhere to company and regulatory policies, procedures together with mandatory training requirements.
- Adhere to financial reporting requirements including monthly phasing of income.
Qualifications and skills
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a Marine Insurance broking environment.
- Previous relevant experience working as a Marine Technician, Broker Support Technician or having undertook a Technical role within a Brokers.
- Ability to assemble broking presentation materials accurately and efficiently.
- Ideally you will have experience of working at a Lloyd’s Brokers within a Technical facet and understand how to produce MRC slips and related Technical documentation.
- Confident in your ability to liaise and managing client needs.
- Accurate and timely when producing technical documentation.
- Confident in MRC Slip Production.
- Competent in the Technical Processing function.
- Strong communications skills both verbally and written.
- Market skills and market relations.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook & CRM platforms.
Terms and conditions
- Salary: up to £50,000 per annum commensurate with experience
- Annual Leave: 25 days per annum plus public holidays
- Working hours: 08:30am to 17:30pm Monday to Friday
- Job type: Full-time, permanent
To be the trusted global provider of safety, security, marine and risk management solutions.
Our Values – The Ambrey Way
Accountable- “Safety first” is our promise, it is the Ambrey way and we don’t compromise on compliance.
Moral- We pride ourselves on doing the right thing and delivering on our promises with integrity.
Bold- We value those who strive to master new things. We never stop learning, improving, and pursuing the highest quality.
Reliable- We always deliver. To us this means being dependable, responsive, and agile in everything we do.
Entrepreneurial- It is our spirit. We innovate, explore, create, and elevate. We have fun and celebrate while working hard.
You, Me & Us- We know teamwork produces the best results for our clients. We are respectful, inclusive, empowering, and compassionate.
The Job Description for this post will be subject to routine review and revision in order to meet the developmental requirements of the company. The post holder may be required to undertake additional appropriate duties as directed and required.