Ambrey is a maritime security services specialist. Established in 2010 to create a security company that was more dynamic and creative than most traditional security firms, we have a fresh approach that puts the client’s needs first. With over 150 permanent staff and 7 global office locations, we are the market leader in providing safety, security, marine and risk management services to the Shipping, Oil & Gas, and Offshore industries.
This position based in our Hereford office is for a full-time Accounts Assistant for Ambrey’s Finance team. The Accounts Assistant will provide general accounting support to the Finance team in a variety of areas including purchase and sales ledger. The post will report to the Senior Finance Manager.
- Processing Purchase & Sales invoices for Ambrey Group
- Maintaining Purchase Ledger records
- Liaising with suppliers and managing queries as required
- Raise BACS payment runs and sending for approval
- Bank reconciliations for multiple currencies
- Assisting the team with managing their workloads to ensure deadlines are met
- Preparation of reports and analysis as and when required
- Maintaining Fixed Asset Register
Qualifications and skills
- AAT qualified desirable but appropriate experience will be considered
- IT literate with good working knowledge of Excel
- Strong communication skills
- Strong administrative skills, with the ability to multi-task in a busy environment, meet deadlines and maintain a high attention to detail.
- To be confident with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Terms and conditions
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Annual Leave: 25 days per annum plus public holidays
- Working hours: 08:30am to 17:30pm Monday to Friday
- Job type: Full-time, permanent
To be the trusted global provider of safety, security, marine and risk management solutions.
Our Values – The Ambrey Way
- Accountable- “Safety first” is our promise, it is the Ambrey way and we don’t compromise on compliance.
- Moral- We pride ourselves on doing the right thing and delivering on our promises with integrity.
- Bold- We value those who strive to master new things. We never stop learning, improving, and pursuing the highest quality.
- Reliable- We always deliver. To us this means being dependable, responsive, and agile in everything we do.
- Entrepreneurial- It is our spirit. We innovate, explore, create, and elevate. We have fun and celebrate while working hard.
- You, Me & Us- We know teamwork produces the best results for our clients. We are respectful, inclusive, empowering, and compassionate.
The Job Description for this post will be subject to routine review and revision in order to meet the developmental requirements of the company. The post holder may be required to undertake additional appropriate duties as directed and required.