Senior Compliance Coordinator
This position, based at the Hereford Head Office, is for a full-time Senior Compliance Coordinator.
Ambrey is an award-winning security and risk management company, protecting more commercial ships than any other company. Ambrey owns and operates its own vessels.
Meeting the needs of clients and their stakeholders whilst operating in a complex security environment is the Company’s number one priority.
The Compliance Coordinator will work to the Associate Director, Compliance in support of the wider business and focusing on the Company’s Management Systems.
These systems are maintained in accordance with:
- National and international client / stakeholder requirements
- Relevant regulation / legislation
- Company accreditation and certification bodies
- The largest in the maritime security and risk management sector and a market leader in compliance
- 30 million turnover group with a small business flexibility mindset
- Focused on growth
- A fast-paced deal-making atmosphere
- Approximately 85 corporate personnel in offices, training centres and accommodation centres across the UK, UAE, Sri Lanka, Poland, India, South Korea, Japan, Nigeria.
- Approximately 1,000 operational personnel (crew & security) working in multiple high risk regions
- Internal Teams: Commercial, Operations [including Logistics, Licencing, Manpower), Offshore (Vessel Management), Intelligence, Finance, Business Management.
- To assist the maintainence / development of the group Integrated Management System for all business entities in line with Company ISO scope and certification:
- ISO 28000:2007 & ISO 28007-1:2015 (Security Management / Maritime Security)
- ISO 9001:2015 (Quality Management)
- ISO 14001:2015 (Environmental Management)
- OHSAS 18001:2007 (Occupational Health and Safety Management)
- Commercial due diligence
- Flag State management support
- Policy and procedures – research and drafting
- To support the company at external audits and meetings including preparation of relevant documents in support of such events
- To support internal audits and systems tests on management systems
- Support to wider business tasks and teams as required & directed including the Operations Director, operations, commercial, legal, licencing, HSSE, special projects, offshore teams
The following skills are essential for this role:
- Excellent research and writing
- Excellent IT covering the whole Microsoft Office suite
- Strong teamwork
- High level of initiative and self-motivation
- Excellent communication
- High levels of initiative and self-motivation, able to take on tasks and request further clarification on a task where required.
- Ability to multitask efficiently in a complex and pressured environment.
- Excellent planning and time management capabilities.
- Ability to analyse, evaluate and present recommendations to improve best practice.
- Strong administration with an appreciation of the importance of accuracy in reporting.
Required qualifications & experience
- University graduate
- Experience of an office based role
The following experience would be desirable for the role:
- Experience of working with a diverse range of stakeholders and staff in a commercial business
- Research based role experience
- ISO based Management Systems experience
- Awareness of industry-specific compliance frameworks (for example: BMP5, ICOC, IMO, SOLAS incl ISPS CODE, UN – Voluntary Principles Security & Human Rights, UN USE OF FORCE, UNCLOS, BIMCO, Export & Firearms Acts, Flag State Administrations).
- Confidentiality: Confidentiality/data protection regarding all personal information and Ambrey activity must be maintained at all times (both in and out of working hours) in accordance with relevant legislation such as the Data Protection Act. The post holder should ensure that they are familiar with and adhere to all Ambrey Information Governance policies and procedures. Any breach of confidentiality will be taken seriously and appropriate disciplinary action may be taken.
- Equal Opportunities: Promote the concepts of equality of opportunity and managing diversity across the business.
- Health and Safety: Employees must be aware of the responsibilities placed upon them under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, paying due regard to health and safety in the workplace and management of risk to maintain a safe working environment for service users, visitors and employees.
- Professional standards and performance review: Maintain consistent high professional standards. Employees are expected to participate in the performance review process.
- The post-holder is required to adhere to the international code of conduct for private security providers at all levels.
- Finance: All Ambrey staff will comply with financial processes and procedures
- It is vital that the individual always promotes Ambrey, our interests and approach to business.
- It is essential that they act in accordance with our business principles which are as follows
- Our clients’ interests always come first. We make sure that we understand what our clients are trying to accomplish and the way they want to achieve it. We will always deliver more value than expected but this does not mean we will do whatever the client asks.
- We always provide independent and objective advice. Our autonomy is our greatest strength and we will be able to disagree, regardless of the popularity of our views or their effect on our fees.
- We take great pride in the professional quality of our work. We would, if it came to a choice, rather be best than biggest.
- Our assets are our people and reputation. We will make an extraordinary effort to identify and recruit the very best person for every job. In a service business, we know that without the best people, we cannot be the best company.
- We always treat our clients with the utmost discretion. Confidentiality is at the core of our business and ensures we provide the highest standards of service.
- Integrity and honesty are at the heart of our business. We will always compete fairly and never denigrate other companies.
- We stress creativity and imagination in everything we do. While recognising that the old way may still be the best way, we constantly strive to find a better solution to a client’s problems.
Terms and conditions
- Salary available on request
- Full time position. 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday
- Annual Leave: 25 days pa plus public holidays
- 6 months probation for external candidates
- Hereford Head Office based role
If you’re interested in being part of our team, we’d love to hear from you. Just send a cover letter and a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Job Description for this post will be subject to routine review and revision in order to meet the developmental requirements of the company. The post holder may be required to undertake additional appropriate duties as directed and required.