Ambrey is a maritime security services specialist. Established in 2010 to create a security company that was more dynamic and creative than most traditional security firms, we have a fresh approach that puts the client’s needs first. With over 150 permanent staff and 7 global office locations, we are the market leader in providing safety, security, marine and risk management services to the Shipping, Oil & Gas, and Offshore industries.
This position, based in Hereford, is for a full-time Travel Manager (TM) for Ambrey’s Operations Team. The TM will work with the company Operations Support Team and have responsibility for managing all travel relating to maritime transits and head office corporate travel. The post will report to the Associate Director Operations Support.
- You will be responsible together with the Associate Director of Operations Support for the set up and management of an in house travel capability.
- Management of travel procurement and developing strategies to ensure the annual travel spend is managed and best value upheld.
You will typically:
- Be involved in all aspects of provision, planning and management of Marine/Corporate Travel
- Manage budgets and maintain statistical and financial records
- Liaise with travel partners, including airlines and hotels, to find deals and evaluate services to find the best quality for price.
- Manage bookings and schedules to ensure KPI’s are met
- Implement alternative and innovative ideas for managing the Travel Budget
- Respond to travel issues and queries from Ambrey staff, operational personnel and clients.
- Escalate and prioritise issues to the Associate Director of Operations Support or out of hours Duty Managers as required.
- Ensure compliance and adherence to timelines with all industry codes, client KPIs, schedules, internal procedures and updates.
Qualifications and Skills
- Proven managerial experience in a Travel agency/operator experience.
- Proven experience in managing budgets, maintaining statistical and financial records
- High levels of initiative and self-motivation.
- Have good judgement and decision-making skills, with an understanding of the impact on stakeholders.
- Strong multi-tasking skills, with the ability to coordinate activities, facilitate unit goals and manage resource requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills, with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent IT skills covering the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong administration skills, with the ability to assist in numerous projects simultaneously while meeting exacting deadlines.
- Resilience to cope with long hours and pressure at peak times.
- Ability to analyse, evaluate and recommend new operational systems, policies and procedures to improve best practice.
- Genuine interest in Travel.
- Qualification in Travel & Tourism/Leisure desired.
- Previous experience within the Travel services sector in a commercial or operational co-ordination/administration role desired.
- Experience of using a CRM system desired.
Terms and Conditions
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
- Annual Leave: 25 days per annum plus public holidays
- Working hours: 08:30 a.m. to 17:30 p.m. Monday to Friday
- Job type: Full-time, permanent
- A probation period of 6 months
- Benefits: EAP, Cyclescheme, eyecare vouchers, Tastecard, travel opportunities such as trips to our Villas in Galle, Sri Lanka spending a week with Operations team getting first-hand experience of what we do. And much more!
To be the trusted global provider of safety, security, marine and risk management solutions.
Our Values – The Ambrey Way
- Accountable- “Safety first” is our promise, it’s the Ambrey way and we don’t compromise on compliance.
- Moral- We pride ourselves on doing the right thing and delivering on our promises with integrity.
- Bold- We value those who strive to master new things. We never stop learning, improving and pursuing the highest quality.
- Reliable- We always deliver. To us this means being dependable, responsive and agile in everything we do.
- Entrepreneurial- It’s our spirit. We innovate, explore, create and elevate. We have fun and celebrate while working hard.
- You, Me & Us- We know teamwork produces the best results for our clients. We are respectful, inclusive, empowering and compassion
If you’re interested in being part of our team, we’d love to hear from you. Just send a cover letter and a copy of your CV to OfficeJobs@ambrey.com.
The Job Description for this post will be subject to routine review and revision in order to meet the developmental requirements of the company. The post holder may be required to undertake additional appropriate duties as directed and required.