Ambrey is a maritime security services specialist. Established in 2010 to create a security company that was more dynamic and creative than most traditional security firms, we have a fresh approach that puts the client’s needs first. With over 150 permanent staff and 7 global office locations, we are the market leader in providing safety, security, marine and risk management services to the Shipping, Oil & Gas, and Offshore industries.
This position, based in Hereford, is for a full-time Operations Co-ordinator (OC) for Ambrey’s Operations Team. The OC will work with the company Operations Team and have responsibility for assisting in all aspects of maritime transits. The post will report to the Senior Operations Support Manager.
- Prepared to undertake routine shift work of 8 hours, between Mon – Sun 0600-2200.
- Assist in proactively managing the group mailboxes. Clear understanding of client and supplier responsibilities.
- Be involved in all aspects of provision, planning and management of maritime transits.
- Assist in the coordination of all transits under the direction of the Operations Managers.
- Respond to operational issues and queries from Ambrey staff, operational personnel and clients.
- Escalate and prioritise issues to the Operations Manager or out of hours Duty Managers as required.
- Ensure compliance and adherence to timelines with all industry codes, client KPIs, schedules, internal procedures and updates.
- Ability to proactively support Operations Managers delivering on the administrative requirement for each transit to include, but not limited to:
- Team Requests and Mobilisations, to include booking and issuing of:
– Op Orders
– Annex D’s
– Team and Weapons details
– Flag State Approval documents
– Assembly of Team and Weapons details
– Prepare draft client invoices and contracts on behalf of Commercial Managers.
- Undertake any other task which the Operations Management team deems reasonable from a management perspective.
Qualifications and Skills
- High levels of initiative and self-motivation.
- Have good judgement and decision making skills, with an understanding of the impact on stakeholders.
- Strong multi-tasking skills, with the ability to coordinate activities, facilitate unit goals and manage resource requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills, with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent IT skills covering the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong administration skills, with the ability to assist in numerous projects simultaneously while meeting exacting deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure during emergency situations.
- Ability to analyse, evaluate and recommend new operational systems, policies and procedures to improve best practice
- Previous experience within the maritime services sector in a Commercial or Operations co-ordination role.
- Experience of using a CRM system.
Terms and Conditions
- Salary: £18,000 per annum
- Annual leave: 25 days per annum plus public holidays
- Our normal hours of work will be within the service delivery shift rota (shift pattern: Early 06:00am to 14:30pm, Duty 07:00am to 15:30pm and Late 13:30pm to 22:00pm) covering the hours of 06:00am and 22:00pm, 7 days per week (including bank holidays), with one hour for lunch each day. You can expect to work one of the described shifts every six weeks. When you’re not scheduled to work the shift patterns your working hours will either be 08:30am to 17:00pm, 09:30am to 18:00pm or 13:30pm to 22:00pm, Monday to Friday, with one hour for lunch each day
- Job type: Full-time, permanent
- Own car essential
- Benefits: EAP, Cyclescheme, eyecare vouchers, Tastecard, travel opportunities such as trips to our Villas in Galle, Sri Lanka spending a week with Operations team getting first-hand experience of what we do. And much more!
To be the trusted global provider of safety, security, marine and risk management solutions.
Our Values – The Ambrey Way
- Accountable- “Safety first” is our promise, it’s the Ambrey way and we don’t compromise on compliance.
- Moral- We pride ourselves on doing the right thing and delivering on our promises with integrity.
- Bold- We value those who strive to master new things. We never stop learning, improving and pursuing the highest quality.
- Reliable- We always deliver. To us this means being dependable, responsive and agile in everything we do.
- Entrepreneurial- It’s our spirit. We innovate, explore, create and elevate. We have fun and celebrate while working hard.
- You, Me & Us- We know teamwork produces the best results for our clients. We are respectful, inclusive, empowering and compassionate.
If you’re interested in being part of our team, we’d love to hear from you. Just send a cover letter and a copy of your CV to OfficeJobs@ambrey.com.
The Job Description for this post will be subject to routine review and revision in order to meet the developmental requirements of the company. The post holder may be required to undertake additional appropriate duties as directed and required.