Temporary Operations Coordinator – Maritime Security Services
We are looking for Temporary Operations Coordinators (OC) for Ambrey’s Operations Team to join our pool of temps to support in busy periods or cover holidays and other absences. This position is based in our Hereford office. The TOC will work with the company Operations Team and have responsibility for assisting in all aspects of maritime transits. The post will report to the Senior Operations Support Manager.
It is vital that the individual at all times promotes Ambrey, our interests and approach to business. It is essential that they act in accordance with our business principles which are as follows;
- Our clients’ interests always come first. We make sure that we understand what our clients are trying to accomplish and the manner in which they want to achieve it. We will always deliver more value than expected but this does not mean we will do whatever the client asks.
- We always provide independent and objective advice. Our autonomy is our greatest strength and we will be able to disagree, regardless of the popularity of our views or their effect on our fees.
- We take great pride in the professional quality of our work. We would, if it came to a choice, rather be best than biggest.
- Our assets are our people and reputation. We will make an extraordinary effort to identify and recruit the very best person for every job. In a service business, we know that without the best people, we cannot be the best company.
- We always treat our clients with the utmost discretion. Confidentiality is at the core of our business and ensures we provide the highest standards of service.
- Integrity and honesty are at the heart of our business. We will always compete fairly and never denigrate other companies.
- We stress creativity and imagination in everything we do. While recognising that the old way may still be the best way, we constantly strive to find a better solution to a client’s problems.
The following skills and experience are essential for this role:
- High levels of initiative and self-motivation.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills covering the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong administration skills, with the ability to assist in numerous projects simultaneously while meeting exacting deadlines.
- Experience of using a CRM system, desirable.
The role will entail responsibility as follows:
- Assist in proactively managing the group mailboxes.
- Ensure compliance and adherence to timelines with all industry codes, client KPIs, schedules, internal procedures and updates.
- Ability to proactively support Operations Support team delivering on the administrative requirement for each transit to include, but not limited to:
- Uploading documents to CRM
- Responding to emails
- Filing documents
- Undertake any other task which the Operations Support team deems reasonable.
- Confidentiality: Confidentiality/data protection regarding all personal information and Ambrey activity must be maintained at all times (both in and out of working hours) in accordance with relevant legislation such as the Data Protection Act. The post holder should ensure that they are familiar with and adhere to all Ambrey Information Governance policies and procedures. Any breach of confidentiality will be taken seriously and appropriate disciplinary action may be taken.
- Equal Opportunities: Promote the concepts of equality of opportunity and managing diversity across the business.
- Health and Safety: Employees must be aware of the responsibilities placed upon them under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, paying due regard to health and safety in the workplace and management of risk to maintain a safe working environment for service users, visitors and employees.
- Professional standards and performance review: Maintain consistent high professional standards. Employees are expected to participate in the performance review process.
- The post-holder is required to adhere to the international code of conduct for private security providers at all levels.
- Finance: All Ambrey staff will comply with financial processes and procedures.
Terms and conditions:
- Salary £9.25 per hour, plus holiday
- Our normal hours of work will be 08:30 to 17:00, 09:00 to 17:30 or 09:30 to 18:00 Monday to Friday, with one hour for lunch each day.
If you’re interested in being part of our team, we’d love to hear from you. Just send a cover letter and a copy of your CV to Business.Management@ambrey.com.
The Job Description for this post will be subject to routine review and revision in order to meet the developmental requirements of the company. The post holder may be required to undertake additional appropriate duties as directed and required.