Junior Front End Developer
This position, based in Hereford, is for a full time Junior Front-End developer for Ambrey Group.
Reporting to the Systems Development Manager, the position will be a split role, part developer part data analyst. We are looking for someone with a strong head for data, numbers and interpretation as well as a keenness to learn, research and offer solutions.
On the development side, we are developing exciting custom front-end solutions that integrate into many systems across the business. Because of the continually expanding growth in the company there’s significant potential for this role to expand to wider full-stack development. The ability to think out of the box is critical in this role.
It is vital that the individual at all times promotes Ambrey, our interests and approach to business. It is essential that they act in accordance with our business principles which are as follows;
- Our clients’ interests always come first. We make sure that we understand what our clients are trying to accomplish and the manner in which they want to achieve it. We will always deliver more value than expected but this does not mean we will do whatever the client asks.
- We always provide independent and objective advice. Our autonomy is our greatest strength and we will be able to disagree, regardless of the popularity of our views or their effect on our fees.
- We take great pride in the professional quality of our work. We would, if it came to a choice, rather be best than biggest.
- Our assets are our people and reputation. We will make an extraordinary effort to identify and recruit the very best person for every job. In a service business, we know that without the best people, we cannot be the best company.
- We always treat our clients with the utmost discretion. Confidentiality is at the core of our business and ensures we provide the highest standards of service.
- Integrity and honesty are at the heart of our business. We will always compete fairly and never denigrate other companies.
- We stress creativity and imagination in everything we do. While recognising that the old way may still be the best way, we constantly strive to find a better solution to a client’s problems.
The following skills and experience are essential for this role:
- Good knowledge of Libraries and Frameworks such as React
- CSS preprocessors such as LESS/SASS
- Working knowledge of REST API’s and how to manipulate returned data
The following skills and experience are desirable for this role:
- A university degree in a STEM subject will be looked upon favourably
- Power Apps & Flow
- Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Microsoft Graph API
The role will entail responsibility as follows:
- Extend existing systems to cater for new features and requests.
- Develop and support single-page applications to provide portal access for remote and contracted employees across the world.
- Work with the Systems Development Manager to manipulate existing data to deliver new Power BI reports for business and commercial purposes.
- Provide regular reporting across lines of the business.
- Consolidate existing reports in the business.
- SME support regarding the IMS (Sonar7) to the business.
- Continually plan and prioritise all requests and tasks, working with the Sonar7 development team to update the tasks record.
- Undertake any other task which deems reasonable from a management perspective.
- Confidentiality: Confidentiality/data protection regarding all personal information and Ambrey activity must be maintained at all times (both in and out of working hours) in accordance with relevant legislation such as the Data Protection Act. The post holder should ensure that they are familiar with and adhere to all Ambrey Information Governance policies and procedures. Any breach of confidentiality will be taken seriously and appropriate disciplinary action may be taken.
- Equal Opportunities: Promote the concepts of equality of opportunity and managing diversity across the business.
- Health and Safety: Employees must be aware of the responsibilities placed upon them under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, paying due regard to health and safety in the workplace and management of risk to maintain a safe working environment for service users, visitors and employees.
- Professional standards and performance review: Maintain consistent high professional standards. Employees are expected to participate in the performance review process.
- The post-holder is required to adhere to the international code of conduct for private security providers at all levels.
- Finance: All Ambrey staff will comply with financial processes and procedures.
Terms and conditions:
- Salary IRO £21,000 up to £25,000 per annum depending on experience
- Annual Leave: 25 days pa plus public holidays
- Out of hours support if required
- A probation period of 6 months
There are several ways that Ambrey reward their staff for all the hard work they put in. This can include:
- Cycle scheme
- Eyecare vouchers
- Fruit and good coffee
- Breakfast mornings and pizza days
- Exciting social club activities, including cinema visits, rock climbing, paintball and lunch-time BBQ’s
- Summer and Christmas parties to remember
- Travel opportunities such as trips to our Villas in Galle, Sri Lanka spending a week with the Operations Team getting first hand experience of what we do.
- Corporate Social Responsibility activities
- The only place where your payslip is delivered with a bacon sandwich!
If you’re interested in being part of our team, we’d love to hear from you. Just send a cover letter and a copy of your CV to Business.Management@ambrey.com.
The Job Description for this post will be subject to routine review and revision in order to meet the developmental requirements of the company. The post holder may be required to undertake additional appropriate duties as directed and required.