Ambrey is a maritime security services specialist. Established in 2010 to create a security company that was more dynamic and creative than most traditional security firms, we have a fresh approach that puts the client’s needs first. With over 150 permanent staff and 7 global office locations, we are the market leader in providing safety, security, marine and risk management services to the Shipping, Oil & Gas, and Offshore industries.
This is a full-time position based at our Shipyard in Hythe, Hampshire.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Finance Manager will principally provide financial support to our Shipyard operation along with management accounting support to the Head Office in Hereford as part as the wider Group financial reporting requirements.
- Management of all financial responsibilities associated with operating our own Shipyard.
- Support to Procurement and all necessary financial planning associated with vessel refit and build programmes.
- Management of financials in relation to maintaining our own fleet of vessels and supporting a new build programme.
- Month-end management account preparation for the Offshore Group of companies.
- Year-end preparation and Audit assistance
- P&L and balance sheet review and reconciliation
- Maintaining FAR and annual depreciation
- Reporting and analysis to be undertaken when required
- Maintaining management schedules
- Line management for the Accounts Assistant (to be recruited)
Qualifications ad Skills
- Qualified CIMA/ACCA Accountant
- Knowledge of Dynamic 365 Business Central advantageous but not essential
- Excellent IT skills including all Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge of maritime and procurement advantageous
- Strong interpersonal communications and presentation skills.
- Strong administrative skills, with the ability to multi-task in a busy environment, meet deadlines and maintain a high attention to detail.
- Ability to efficiently communicate with a wide range of people via phone and email.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- To be confident with internal and external stakeholders.
Terms and Conditions
- Salary: commensurate with experience
- Annual Leave: 25 days per annum plus public holidays
- Working hours: 08:30am to 17:30pm Monday to Friday
- Job type: Full-time, permanent
- Benefits: EAP, Cyclescheme, eyecare vouchers, Tastecard, travel opportunities such as trips to our Villas in Galle, Sri Lanka spending a week with Operations team getting first-hand experience of what we do. And much more!
To be the trusted global provider of safety, security, marine and risk management solutions.
Our Values – The Ambrey Way
- Accountable- “Safety first” is our promise, it’s the Ambrey way and we don’t compromise on compliance.
- Moral- We pride ourselves on doing the right thing and delivering on our promises with integrity.
- Bold- We value those who strive to master new things. We never stop learning, improving and pursuing the highest quality.
- Reliable- We always deliver. To us this means being dependable, responsive and agile in everything we do.
- Entrepreneurial- It’s our spirit. We innovate, explore, create and elevate. We have fun and celebrate while working hard.
- You, Me & Us- We know teamwork produces the best results for our clients. We are respectful, inclusive, empowering and compassionate.
If you’re interested in being part of our team, we’d love to hear from you. Just send a cover letter and a copy of your CV to OfficeJobs@ambrey.com.
The Job Description for this post will be subject to routine review and revision in order to meet the developmental requirements of the company. The post holder may be required to undertake additional appropriate duties as directed and required. .