This position, based in Hereford, is for a full-time Commercial Co-ordinator (CCo) for Ambrey’s Commercial Team. The CCo will work with the company Commercial Team and have responsibility for assisting in all aspects of maritime transits. The post will report to the Senior Commercial Support Manager and Senior Commercial Manager.
It is vital that the individual at all times promotes Ambrey, our interests and approach to business. It is essential that they act in accordance with our business principles which are as follows;
- Our clients’ interests always come first. We make sure that we understand what our clients are trying to accomplish and the manner in which they want to achieve it. We will always deliver more value than expected but this does not mean we will do whatever the client asks.
- We always provide independent and objective advice. Our autonomy is our greatest strength and we will be able to disagree, regardless of the popularity of our views or their effect on our fees.
- We take great pride in the professional quality of our work. We would, if it came to a choice, rather be best than biggest.
- Our assets are our people and reputation. We will make an extraordinary effort to identify and recruit the very best person for every job. In a service business, we know that without the best people, we cannot be the best company.
- We always treat our clients with the utmost discretion. Confidentiality is at the core of our business and ensures we provide the highest standards of service.
- Integrity and honesty are at the heart of our business. We will always compete fairly and never denigrate other companies.
- We stress creativity and imagination in everything we do. While recognising that the old way may still be the best way, we constantly strive to find a better solution to a client’s problems.
The following skills and experience are essential for this role:
- High levels of initiative and self-motivation.
- Have good judgement and decision making skills, with an understanding of the impact on stakeholders.
- Strong multi-tasking skills, with the ability to coordinate activities, facilitate unit goals and manage resource requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills, with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent IT skills covering the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong administration skills, with the ability to assist in numerous projects simultaneously while meeting exacting deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure during emergency situations.
- Ability to analyse, evaluate and recommend new operational systems, policies and procedures to improve best practice
The following skills and experience are desirable for this role:
- Previous experience within the maritime services sector in a Commercial or Operations co-ordination role.
- Experience of using a CRM system.
The role will entail responsibility as follows:
- Assist in proactively managing the Service Delivery mailbox. Clear understanding of client and supplier responsibilities.
- Establish and maintain a thorough understanding of all of the Commercial teams clients’ needs and requirements.
- Be involved in the planning and management of maritime transits.
- Assist in the coordination of all transits under the direction of the Commercial Managers.
- Ability to network and establish relationships with clients and organisations.
- Have a thorough understanding of the cost and pricing model for a transit so as to ensure the maximisation of profit on every transit.
- Excellent IT skills covering Microsoft Office and Sonar7.
- Ensure compliance and adherence to timelines with all industry codes, client KPIs, schedules, internal prCCoedures and updates.
- Ability to proactively support Commercial Managers delivering on the administrative requirement for each transit to include, but not limited to:
- Flag State Approvals
- Guardcon Contracts and Annex’s
- Platform Summary
- Vessel tracking and reasearch
- Client research
- Undertake any other task which the Commercial Management team deems reasonable from a management perspective.
- Confidentiality: Confidentiality/data protection regarding all personal information and Ambrey activity must be maintained at all times (both in and out of working hours) in accordance with relevant legislation such as the Data Protection Act. The post holder should ensure that they are familiar with and adhere to all Ambrey Information Governance policies and procedures. Any breach of confidentiality will be taken seriously and appropriate disciplinary action may be taken.
- Equal Opportunities: Promote the concepts of equality of opportunity and managing diversity across the business.
- Health and Safety: Employees must be aware of the responsibilities placed upon them under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, paying due regard to health and safety in the workplace and management of risk to maintain a safe working environment for service users, visitors and employees.
- Professional standards and performance review: Maintain consistent high professional standards. Employees are expected to participate in the performance review process.
- The post-holder is required to adhere to the international code of conduct for private security providers at all levels.
- Finance: All Ambrey staff will comply with financial processes and procedures.
Terms and conditions:
- Salary £18,000 per annum
- Annual Leave: 25 days pa plus public holidays
- A probation period of 6 months
- Own car is ideal
If you’re interested in being part of our team, we’d love to hear from you. Just send a cover letter and a copy of your CV to Business.Management@ambrey.com.
The Job Description for this post will be subject to routine review and revision in order to meet the developmental requirements of the company. The post holder may be required to undertake additional appropriate duties as directed and required.