This is a full-time position based at the company Head Office in Herefordshire.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Accounts Assistant will be responsible for the end-to-end Agents process from invoice receipt through to invoice payment. Due to the nature of this work, the Accounts Assistant will work closely with the Transit Management and Service Delivery teams to offer additional financial analysis to support operational decision making.
Tasks will include:
- Receiving and uploading Agent invoices on TAS and the Agent Schedule for Ambrey UK/DMCC/International Companies and distribute accordingly for approval.
- Apply diligence for the correct coding of invoices and ensure the correct pricing calculations have been applied to the charges.
- Preparation of payment runs for approval and the corresponding creditor management activities including payment allocations and aged creditor analysis.
- Along with the team complete routine and regular bank reconciliations for UK and DMCC Companies.
- Preparation of commercial analysis reports in conjunction with the Operations team.
- Support to other purchase ledger activities including subcontractor invoicing and office expenditure.
- Preparation of reports and analysis as and when required.
- The undertaking of training as and when required.
It is vital that the individual always promotes Ambrey, our interests and approach to business. It is essential that they act in accordance with our business principles which are as follows;
- Our clients’ interests always come first. We make sure that we understand what our clients are trying to accomplish and the manner in which they want to achieve it. We will always deliver more value than expected but this does not mean we will do whatever the client asks.
- We always provide independent and objective advice. Our autonomy is our greatest strength and we will be able to disagree, regardless of the popularity of our views or their effect on our fees.
- We take great pride in the professional quality of our work. We would, if it came to a choice, rather be best than biggest.
- Our assets are our people and reputation. We will make an extraordinary effort to identify and recruit the very best person for every job. In a service business, we know that without the best people, we cannot be the best company.
- We always treat our clients with the utmost discretion. Confidentiality is at the core of our business and ensures we provide the highest standards of service.
- Integrity and honesty are at the heart of our business. We will always compete fairly and never denigrate other companies.
- We stress creativity and imagination in everything we do. While recognising that the old way may still be the best way, we constantly strive to find a better solution to a client’s problems.
- AAT qualification desirable but not essential.
The following skills and experience are essential for this role:
- Excellent IT skills including all Microsoft Office programs.
- Strong interpersonal communications and presentation skills.
- Strong administrative skills, with the ability to multi-task in a busy environment, meet deadlines and maintain a high attention to detail.
- Ability to efficiently communicate with a wide range of people via phone and email.
- To be confident with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
The following skills and experience are desirable for this role:
- Previous experience within the maritime services sector.
- Knowledge and understanding of key maritime and land-based security issues, including piracy, port security and terrorism.
- Confidentiality: Confidentiality/data protection regarding all personal information and Ambrey activity must be maintained at all times (both in and out of working hours) in accordance with relevant legislation such as the Data Protection Act. The post holder should ensure that they are familiar with and adhere to all Ambrey Information Governance policies and procedures. Any breach of confidentiality will be taken seriously and appropriate disciplinary action may be taken.
- Equal Opportunities: Promote the concepts of equality of opportunity and managing diversity across the business.
- Health and Safety: Employees must be aware of the responsibilities placed upon them under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, paying due regard to health and safety in the workplace and management of risk to maintain a safe working environment for service users, visitors and employees.
- Professional standards and performance review: Maintain consistent high professional standards. Employees are expected to participate in the performance review process.
- Finance: All Ambrey staff will comply with financial processes and procedures.
Terms and Conditions:
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- Hours: 8 per day
- Annual Leave: 25 days pa. plus public holidays
- A probation period of 6 months for external applicants
If you’re interested in being part of our team, we’d love to hear from you. Just send a cover letter and a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Job Description for this post will be subject to routine review and revision in order to meet the developmental requirements of the company. The post holder may be required to undertake additional appropriate duties as directed and required.