‘Bringing calm to the crisis’
Ambrey has a structured approach to crisis and its successful management
We will all face crisis at some point in our lives whether in our personal lives or at work.
How do we deal with crisis and stop it from overwhelming us?
Ambrey has a structured approach to crisis and its successful management starting with:
• Being prepared – there is much that can be done to lessen the impact of crises particularly within the work context. Understanding the risks and potential crises that might flow from the realisation of those risks – threats and hazards – is a good start point. Ambrey are uniquely placed in the maritime environment to support marine clients facing threats and hazards through bespoke training to instil confidence, competence and resilience within your organisation. The training is developed around you and your needs and is delivered by world-class experienced consultants used to managing crises across the globe.
• Response – responding quickly and early to an evolving crisis pays overwhelming dividends. Ambrey with its global footprint of maritime response is there to make that happen. With over 1000 staff and crew working in over 50 countries and in all the major piracy areas supporting over 1500 clients across the maritime industry we have the breadth and experience to support in your hour of need. We maintain two 24/7 operations centres – in Hereford, UK and Port Harcourt, Nigeria – to ensure continuous coverage and support to you.
Where Ambrey’s response is unique in responding to piracy is our ability to secure your vessel, your cargo and your crew by virtue of the range of our maritime security services. Central to this response is our team of highly experienced maritime response consultants able to advise and manage your Crisis Management Team, negotiate and then deploy to achieve the release and repatriation of your people.
• Recovery – continuous improvement and learning drive all our services and where crisis stops recovery starts. Ambrey is there to ensure that you become more resilient to face your next crisis. This is achieved through a comprehensive lessons learned and review before commencing the virtuous circle of preparation.
Whether at sea or land you, your staff, your assets, your goods and reputation are at risk. Some from environmental hazards, some from commercial, political and social forces and some from direct criminal or terrorist-related threats. The risk picture is not static but constantly evolves and morphs. Ambrey offers a range of services to help you understand what those risks are, how significant they are and then how they might be mitigated and managed through effective, innovative and efficient solutions.
The services include:
• Security risk assessment and audit whether on land or at sea.
• Market-entry and country assessment.
• Security risk operational design.
• Journey management and duty of care frameworks.
• Security risk management support to operations.
• Supply chain investigations.
• Due diligence.
All the services are moulded to your requirements and always take the time to understand your specific context and challenges. Our security solutions are not provided in isolation but always seek to be holistic and coherent with the other aspects of your life and business. The solutions are provided by world-class consultants and risk practitioners.
As we enter a new decade, Kidnap for Ransom is a growing peril for the maritime industry. The immediate impact and long-term trauma on crew members and their families is obvious. Less so, are the ancillary costs and huge disruption to the day to day running of your business. The Gulf of Guinea remains a high-risk area for piracy; the region accounting for over 76% of crew kidnappings globally.
Ambrey offer a tried and tested solution to help you to prepare for an incident and, if the worst should happen, provide the practical hands-on support of our highly experienced crisis team. What makes us unique is our ability to provide a full in-house service response, protecting not only your most important human assets – the crew – but also the ability to secure your vessel and cargo and replace crew post incident. It is a truly coherent and integrated service that is unique in the maritime industry.
Our crisis management team have been working together for over ten years and have successfully resolved over 300 cases. Supported by Ambrey’s world leading maritime capabilities the team have the capabilities and in-house resources to cover incidents in any region in the world.
Ambrey take compliance very seriously, always providing experienced legal counsel as part of their crisis team. We are retained by Lloyd’s of London underwriters.
Our all-inclusive offering is unique and covers all aspects of an incident from the initial report to the repatriation of hostages. Our crisis team respond quickly to guide the customer through our well-established and effective crisis resolution model to:
Active Assailant incidents are on the rise – last year in the US there were 435* incidents.
Their impact is far-reaching and often enduring for the affected individuals, their families, their communities and their institution or organization. The consequences are extreme ranging from fatal through life-changing injuries to lasting mental health issues.
You cannot predict when they will occur, but you can be ready and prepared for when they do occur.
Ambrey provides the expertise and assurance to ensure that you are ready for the worst.