Senior Research Analyst
To complement the growth Ambrey currently enjoys, we are looking to strengthen our intelligence services with a Senior Research Analyst. You will join our Intelligence Department, working closely with the Intelligence Manager to help our clients understand the risks they face at sea and ashore.
Ambrey Intelligence prides itself on delivering original content in a timely manner; at the core of everything we do is the mantra that intelligence only has value in relation to how surprising it is.
An acute sense of our market, our clients and their policies, will be the basis from which you will anticipate information requirements. Risk is an opportunity, as much as it is a constraint.
You will challenge the status quo. You will pride yourself on proactively seeking out efficiencies in established security operations through the preparation of threat, risk and vulnerability assessments. You will also contribute to business development strategies, help meet our obligations within a complex regulatory environment and deliver industry-leading client seminars.
We are an award winning security company, protecting more vessels and their crew than any other firm and with the largest number of deployed maritime security personnel across the globe.
- Our clients’ interests always come first. We make sure that we understand what our clients are trying to accomplish and the manner in which they want to achieve it. We will always deliver more value than expected but this does not mean we will do whatever the client asks.
- We always provide independent and objective advice. Our autonomy is our greatest strength and we will be able to disagree, regardless of the popularity of our views or their effect on our fees.
- We take great pride in the professional quality of our work. We would, if it came to a choice, rather be best than biggest.
- Our assets are our people and reputation. We will make an extraordinary effort to identify and recruit the very best person for every job. In a service business, we know that without the best people, we cannot be the best company.
- We always treat our clients with the utmost discretion. Confidentiality is at the core of our business and ensures we provide the highest standards of service.
- Integrity and honesty are at the heart of our business. We will always compete fairly and never denigrate other companies.
- We stress creativity and imagination in everything we do. While recognising that the old way may still be the best way, we constantly strive to find a better solution to a client’s problems.
The successful applicant will demonstrate:
- A strong academic record.
- Intellectual curiosity, adaptability and self-motivation.
- Strong quantitative skills, including data collection and collation.
- Strong presentation skills; conference-speaking is a routine requirement.
- A proven ability to build strong client relations.
- An ability to work with clients around the world and from other professional disciplines.
- An ability to work and make decisions independent from peers.
- An ability to adapt to changing demands and timelines.
- High ethical integrity and commitment to confidentiality.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Excellent IT skills, including the full suite of Microsoft Office.
The following skills and experience are desirable:
- A Master’s degree in a relevant academic discipline.
- 2+ years of experience in a field relevant to our work.
- Proficiency with ESRI ArcGiS software.
- Proficiency in Arabic.
- Interest in OS intelligence collection techniques and software.
Duties & Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing routine and bespoke intelligence reports for key clients.
- Managing security policies, guidelines and standard operating procedures.
- Conducting scheduled trend analysis.
- Supporting operational crisis management, deputising for our intelligence manager.
- Liaising with governments, military and intelligence agencies.
- Delivering training to multi-national staff.
- Travelling overseas in your role as an SME speaker for client/industry conferences.
- Responding to out of hours intelligence requests, as directed.
Terms and Conditions
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- The role is based in Hereford, at least for probation – 6 months for external candidates.
- 45 hours per week (core office hours 8.30-5.30, but the role requires some flexibility)
- Annual leave entitlement: 25 days plus public holidays.
- Please send your CV, a one-page covering letter and a sample of your work to: email@example.com
- Applications for this position will close when Ambrey find the right candidate, so we encourage applicants with the relevant skills to apply now.
- Interviews and assessments will be held on an ongoing basis at our Head Office, in Hereford.