Overseas Support Coordinator
Ambrey is a maritime security services specialist. Established in 2010 to create a security company that was more dynamic and creative than most traditional security firms, we have a fresh approach that puts the client’s needs first. With over 150 permanent staff and 7 global office locations, we are the market leader in providing safety, security, marine and risk management services to the Shipping, Oil & Gas, and Offshore industries.
This position is for a full-time Support Coordinator. The Support Coordinator will have responsibility for assisting in all administrative tasks relating to the provision of Risk Management services. The post holder will report to the Senior Support Manager.
- Assist in proactively managing the group mailboxes.
- Be involved in all aspects of administration relating to maritime transits and Risk Management, including but not limited to:
▪ Deployment of guards
▪ Travel & Visa applications
▪ Launch planning
▪ Document tracking
▪ Mobilisations and relevant paperwork
▪ Processing Post Transit paperwork/returns
▪ Commercial Guardcons & Annex’s
▪ Invoice checking
▪ Inputting Quotations
▪ Drafting Flag State Approval documentation
▪ Platform Summary
▪ Vessel Tracking and Research
- Assist in the coordination of all transits under the direction of the Senior Support Manager.
- Respond to any administrative issues and queries from Ambrey staff, personnel, and clients.
- Escalate and prioritise issues to the Senior Support Manager or out of hours Duty Managers as required.
- Ability to proactively support Operations, Commercial and other business Service Line Managers in administrative capacity.
- Participate in department duty rota covering earlies, lates and weekends.
- Undertake any other task as determined by the needs of the business.
Qualification and skills
- High levels of initiative and self-motivation.
- Have good judgement and decision-making skills, with an understanding of the impact on stakeholders.
- Strong multi-tasking skills, with the ability to coordinate activities, facilitate unit goals and manage resource requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills, with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent IT skills covering the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong administration skills, with the ability to assist in numerous projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure during emergency situations.
- Ability to analyse, evaluate and recommend new systems, policies and procedures to improve best practice.
- Previous experience within the maritime services sector in a commercial or operational coordination/administration role.
- Experience of using a SONAR7system, desirable.
Terms and conditions
- Salary: to be discussed at the interview.
- Annual Leave: 25 days per annum plus public holidays.
- Working hours: 08:30am to 17:00pm or 09:00am to 17:30pm Monday to Friday, with a requirement to partake in an out of hours and weekend duty rota.
- Job type: Full-time, permanent.
- Benefits: Referral Bonus, Eye Care, Discount Card, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Discounted Gym Membership, Wellness & Fitness, Employee Assistance Programme, Pension, Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay. And much more!
To be the trusted global provider of safety, security, marine and risk management solutions.
Our Values – The Ambrey Way
- Accountable- “Safety first” is our promise, it’s the Ambrey way and we don’t compromise on compliance.
- Moral- We pride ourselves on doing the right thing and delivering on our promises with integrity.
- Bold- We value those who strive to master new things. We never stop learning, improving and pursuing the highest quality.
- Reliable- We always deliver. To us this means being dependable, responsive and agile in everything we do.
- Entrepreneurial- It’s our spirit. We innovate, explore, create and elevate. We have fun and celebrate while working hard.
- You, Me & Us- We know teamwork produces the best results for our clients. We are respectful, inclusive, empowering and compassionate.
The Job Description for this post will be subject to routine review and revision in order to meet the developmental requirements of the company. The post holder may be required to undertake additional appropriate duties as directed and required.