Offshore Coordinator – Ambrey Offshore
This position, based in Hereford, is for a full-time Offshore Coordinator for Ambrey Offshore / Transfer Vessels Services.
The Offshore Coordinator will be responsible for assisting the Offshore team with due diligence on companies wishing to use our floating armouries; reporting on the space available onboard VBAs, SOPs and ISM manual amendments, client communications, invoicing and reporting.
The Offshore Coordinator will also assist with identifying client vessels to transfer provisions and spares parts as required by the Offshore team.
The post holder will be a member of a small team and will assist on allocated elements of commercial and operational aspects of TVS. The Coordinator will work closely with and take direction from the Director who has the overall responsibility for managing all aspects of transfers and the safe running of the vessels.
This role will suit an ambitious self-starter that recognises the room for growth and promotion within this role.
It is vital that the individual at all times promotes Ambrey, our interests and approach to business. It is essential that they act in accordance with our business principles which are as follows:
It is vital that the individual always promotes Ambrey, our interests and approach to business. It is essential that they act in accordance with our business principles which are as follows
- Our clients’ interests always come first. We make sure that we understand what our clients are trying to accomplish and the way they want to achieve it. We will always deliver more value than expected but this does not mean we will do whatever the client asks.
- We always provide independent and objective advice. Our autonomy is our greatest strength and we will be able to disagree, regardless of the popularity of our views or their effect on our fees.
- We take great pride in the professional quality of our work. We would, if it came to a choice, rather be best than biggest.
- Our assets are our people and reputation. We will make an extraordinary effort to identify and recruit the very best person for every job. In a service business, we know that without the best people, we cannot be the best company.
- We always treat our clients with the utmost discretion. Confidentiality is at the core of our business and ensures we provide the highest standards of service.
- Integrity and honesty are at the heart of our business. We will always compete fairly and never denigrate other companies.
- We stress creativity and imagination in everything we do. While recognising that the old way may still be the best way, we constantly strive to find a better solution to a client’s problems.
The following skills and experience are essential for this role
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to efficiently communicate between Ambrey offices and with remote workers.
- High levels of initiative and self-motivation, able to take on tasks and request further clarification on a task where required.
- Ability to multitask efficiently in a pressured environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Excellent project, planning, change and time management capabilities.
- Ability to analyse, evaluate and recommend new operational systems, policies and procedures to improve best practice.
- Excellent IT skills covering the whole Microsoft Office suite and CRM tools.
- Strong administration skills, with an appreciation of the importance of accuracy in reporting.
- Appreciation of relative age of the department and the ability to undertake administrative tasks as required, including assisting the wider Offshore team to ensure effective operation of the floating armouries.
The role will entail responsibility as follows
The role will include, and not be limited to:
- Ability to coach and mentor other members of their team to deliver an end to end transfer solution, in conjunction with senior management, balancing commercial, operational and business imperatives, utilising a bespoke Client Relationship Management tool.
- Establish and maintain a thorough understanding of the Ambrey Operations Department and other third party clients needs and requirements.
- Work with the team to ensure all transfers across the business are supported in the most efficient manner whilst also delivering on client requirement.
- Monitor and report on HSE incidents including management of reports and interviews, CPARs etc, assisting the Marine Superintendent as required with the completion of HSE/Incident reports.
- Monitor and report on any discrepancies with controlled goods and ensure accountability and whereabouts of controlled goods always using company’s CRM system.
- Have an interest in developing client-facing skills, as role will require some interaction with existing and new clients of Ambrey’s floating armouries.
- Closely liaise with UAE office for coordination of re-supply of provisions, crew change and waste removal.
- Management and raising of invoices for third party PMSCs, development of operational and financial reporting.
- Be interchangeable and able to cover during times of leave/illness etc.
- Maintain and contribute to the development of policies and procedures in line with Ambrey ISO requirements.
- Assist the team with ship-management tasks as required.
- Conducting Due Diligence on third party PMSCs prior to commencement of service.
Undertake any other task which the Director deems reasonable from a management perspective.
Terms and conditions
- Salary – commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Full time position. 40 hours per week
- Hereford based; Overseas travel as required and directed
The Job Description for this post will be subject to routine review and revision in order to meet the developmental requirements of the company. The post holder may be required to undertake additional appropriate duties as directed and required.