Ambrey is a maritime security services specialist. Established in 2010 to create a security company that was more dynamic and creative than most traditional security firms, we have a fresh approach that puts the client’s needs first. With over 150 permanent staff and 7 global office locations, we are the market leader in providing safety, security, marine and risk management services to the Shipping, Oil & Gas, and Offshore industries.
This is a full-time position based at the company Head Office in Herefordshire. Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Management Accountant will provide management accounting support to the Financial Controller as well as offering support to the finance team with treasury, purchase ledger and sales ledger duties.
- Month-end management account preparation & presentation to MD
- Assist with system integration of legacy finance system
- Year-end preparation and Audit assistance
- P&L and balance sheet review and reconciliation
- Journal preparation and posting
- Maintaining FAR and annual depreciation
- Reporting and analysis to be undertaken when required
- Assisting FC with project requests
- VAT returns for the group
- Maintaining management schedules
- Payroll preparation for FC review
- Deputising for FC whilst on annual leave
- Weekly payment run review prior to MD approval
- Final approval of payments on the bank
- Managing and assisting team with general processing enquiries
- FX monitoring and trading
- Cashflow reporting
- Any additional duties as required
Qualifications and skills
- Qualified ACCA/ACA with a minimum of three years previous relevant experience
- Knowledge using Microsoft BC or similar ERP systems
- Knowledge using Sage Payroll
- Excellent IT skills including all Microsoft Office programs.
- The post holder will require a complex set of skills – must be a combination of process driven, dynamic, forward thinking, and analytical with a high level of flexibility & adaptability
- Strong administrative skills, with the ability to multi-task in a busy environment, meet deadlines and maintain a high attention to detail.
- A demonstrable knowledge of relevant financial accounting reporting rules.
- Excellent communicator with internal and external stakeholders and strong presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Up to date knowledge of accounting/HMRC regulations
- Confident and able to make informed decisions
Terms and conditions
- Salary: £40,000 – £47,500 per annum commensurate with experience
- Annual Leave: 25 days per annum plus public holidays
- Working hours: 08:30am to 17:30pm Monday to Friday
- Job type: Full-time, permanent
- Benefits: Referral Bonus, Eye Care, Discount Card, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Discounted Gym Membership, Wellness & Fitness, Employee Assistance Programme, Pension, Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay. And much more!
- A probation period of 3 months for internal applicants, 6 months for external applicants
To be the trusted global provider of safety, security, marine and risk management solutions.
Our Values – The Ambrey Way
- Accountable- “Safety first” is our promise, it is the Ambrey way and we don’t compromise on compliance.
- Moral- We pride ourselves on doing the right thing and delivering on our promises with integrity.
- Bold- We value those who strive to master new things. We never stop learning, improving, and pursuing the highest quality.
- Reliable- We always deliver. To us this means being dependable, responsive, and agile in everything we do.
- Entrepreneurial- It is our spirit. We innovate, explore, create, and elevate. We have fun and celebrate while working hard.
- You, Me & Us- We know teamwork produces the best results for our clients. We are respectful, inclusive, empowering, and compassionate.
If you’re interested in being part of our team, we’d love to hear from you. Just send a cover letter and a copy of your CV to email@example.com
The Job Description for this post will be subject to routine review and revision in order to meet the developmental requirements of the company. The post holder may be required to undertake additional appropriate duties as directed and required.