JUNIOR OPERATIONS MANAGER
Ambrey was established in 2010 to offer a dynamic and creative solution putting clients’ needs first, providing safety, security, marine and risk management services to the Shipping, Oil & Gas, and Offshore industries.
In June 2021, Ambrey became part of Ocean Infinity. Ocean Infinity is a world leading marine robotics and data business with a mission to transform operations at sea, using innovative technology, to help people and the planet thrive. The acquisition combines Ocean Infinity’s robotic vessels, data, cyber, artificial intelligence, and low emission operations with one of the leading brands in the maritime security sector, expanding our operations into North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa.
This position, based in Hereford, is for a full-time Junior Operations Manager. The Junior Operations Manager will be responsible for managing the transit from the Operational Start to the End. The post holder will be the member of a team who will work alongside the Commercial & Support teams and the associated Regional Manager to control and deliver Ambrey’s services in line with our clients criteria and specifications. While primarily focusing on their allocated regional team, the Junior Operations Manager will work alongside other Operations Managers in a cross-regional manner to ensure resourcing requirements are always met and services delivered efficiently. They will work closely with and take direction from their Regional Manager who will have the overall responsibility for managing all aspects of the maritime transits to maximum efficiency.
- Ability to coach and mentor other members of their team to deliver the best transit solution, in conjunction with senior management, and the business imperatives
- Ability to collaborate with other Operations Managers and members of the Commercial Team to ensure company objectives are completed
- Allocation of tasks to Operations Coordinators and performance monitoring and management
- Manage external relationships for the team (agents, contractors, vessel Masters) in line with allocated specialisms in the team
- Work with the team and the Commercial Team to ensure all transits across the business are supported in the most cost-efficient manner whilst also delivering on client requirement
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the cost and profit model used by Ambrey to ensure that maximum profitability is delivered on every transit within the team
- Monitor and report on operational personnel incidents including management of reports and interviews, CPARs etc.
- Be interchangeable with other Operations Managers and able to cover during times of leave/illness etc.
- Act as the out of hours/weekend response manager for your team and be prepared to act as the weekend manager for the Operations Team on a rotational basis
- Assist in the interview, selection, training and mentoring of new team members
- Continually assess internal operational processes and procedures; implement improvements.
- Maintain and contribute to the development of policies and procedures in line with Ambrey ISO requirements
- Undertake Commercial awareness training in line with their Regional Team
- Undertake any other task which the Regional Manager deems reasonable from a management perspective
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous experience within the maritime services sector desirable
- Previous relevant experience in a Commercial or Operations capacity required
- Knowledge and understanding of key maritime and land-based security issues, including piracy, port security and terrorism
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate verbally with a range of personnel
- High levels of initiative and motivation
- Have good judgement and decision making skills
- Ability to multitask in a pressure environment
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent project, planning, change and time Management capabilities
- Ability to analyse, evaluate and recommend new operational systems, policies and procedures to improve best practice
- Excellent IT skills covering Microsoft Office and the Ambrey CRM system
- Strong administration skills, with the ability to manage numerous transits and projects simultaneously while meeting exacting deadline
- Have a thorough understanding of the cost and pricing model for a transit so as to ensure the maximisation of profit on every transit
- Have the ability to prioritise tasks based on the client, the cost and the benefit to the company
Terms and Conditions
- Salary: £21,500, rising up to £25,000 upon successful training
- Annual Leave: 25 days per annum, plus public holidays
- Working hours: Monday to Friday 08:30 a.m. to 18:00 p.m. In addition to this you are required to work within the service delivery shift rota (Early Shift: 06:00 a.m. to 15:30 p.m.; Day Duty Shift: 07:00 a.m. to 16:30 p.m. or Late Shift: 11:30 a.m. to 21:00 p.m.) The Operational team provides support 7 days per week (including Bank and Public holidays).
- Job type: Full-time, permanent
- Benefits: Referral Bonus, Eye Care, Discount Card, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Discounted Gym Membership, Wellness & Fitness, Employee Assistance, Pension, Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay. And much more!
To be the trusted global provider of safety, security, marine and risk management solutions.
Our Values – The Ambrey Way
- Accountable- “Safety first” is our promise, it’s the Ambrey way and we don’t compromise on compliance.
- Moral- We pride ourselves on doing the right thing and delivering on our promises with integrity.
- Bold- We value those who strive to master new things. We never stop learning, improving and pursuing the highest quality.
- Reliable- We always deliver. To us this means being dependable, responsive and agile in everything we do.
- Entrepreneurial- It’s our spirit. We innovate, explore, create and elevate. We have fun and celebrate while working hard.
- You, Me & Us- We know teamwork produces the best results for our clients. We are respectful, inclusive, empowering and compassionate.
If you’re interested in being part of our team, we’d love to hear from you. Just send a cover letter and a copy of your CV to OfficeJobs@ambrey.com.
The Job Description for this post will be subject to routine review and revision in order to meet the developmental requirements of the company. The post holder may be required to undertake additional appropriate duties as directed and required.