Ambrey was established in 2010 to offer a dynamic and creative solution putting clients’ needs first, providing safety, security, marine and risk management services to the Shipping, Oil & Gas, and Offshore industries.
In June 2021, Ambrey became part of Ocean Infinity. Ocean Infinity is a world leading marine robotics and data business with a mission to transform operations at sea, using innovative technology, to help people and the planet thrive. The acquisition combines Ocean Infinity’s robotic vessels, data, cyber, artificial intelligence, and low emission operations with one of the leading brands in the maritime security sector, expanding our operations into North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa.
This position based in our Hereford office is for a full-time HR Assistant as part of Ambrey’s People team. The HR Assistant will have a focus on recruitment but also have the ability to operate as a generalised. You will be required to work with the hiring managers across the business to find the best talent and have responsibility for assisting in all aspects of the recruitment and onboarding process. You will work closely with all members of the HR team and report to the HRM.
- Manage and review recruitment process
- Assist with the onboarding process
- Assisting in organising employer branding initiatives (e.g., recruitment flyers, banners and social media posts, wellness campaigns and any other HR resources etc.)
- Monitoring of the Office Recruitment mailbox in Outlook for tracking incoming applications and answering all candidate queries
- Liaising directly with recruitment agencies, candidates and hiring managers to coordinate interviews and issue relevant correspondence i.e., informing whether if the candidates have been shortlisted for interview or unsuccessful job applicant
- Schedule interviews with the hiring manager and ensure a positive candidate experience
- Provide technical support to hiring managers or candidates when interviews are conducted via video conference – Microsoft Teams etc.
- Communicate messages from candidates to hiring managers e.g., when candidates are running late and follow-up with candidates that didn’t turn up.
- Support the HR Adviser/Manager to conduct training for Managers e.g, interview techniques
- Advise the Hiring Managers of the correct candidate evaluation and selection process to ensure a fair process
- Assisting with internal recruitment notices
- Updating the Applicant Tracker and People HR with details of employee referrals to ensure the correct referral bonus amount is paid to the referee.
- Inform HR Adviser/HRM with the details of a new hire in order for them to prepare an employment agreement and to send formal offer of employment to the candidate.
- Manage and update the HR Information System – PeopleHR or any other similar HRIS
- Provide admin support to the HR Team
- Assist the HR Adviser/Manager in the wellness and social club campaigns
- Track probation review dates and send reminders of upcoming probations to the line manager to ensure review meetings take place before the due date, escalating to the HR
- Adviser/HRM if a probation extension is required
- Reviewing methods of attracting, developing, and retaining talent.
- Assist with the offboarding process as detailed below in schedule 1
- Updating the organisational chart with details of new starters, leavers and promotions
- Conduct new starter check-in sessions and type minutes
- Continuously look to improve the recruitment, shortlisting and interviewing process
- Supporting with monthly payroll including running sickness absence, personal information changes (bank details and address) and new starter information report.
- To save the HMRC checklist/P45’s and contractual change letters to monthly payroll folder.
- Reviewing timesheets for Ambrey Shipyard/ temps and add to details of weekly overtime/hours to the payroll report.
- Any other tasks as may be required, including initiatives or projects that you are passionate about e.g., arranging career days etc
Qualifications and skills:
- At least 1+ years’ previous relevant experience in a HR, recruitment or administration positio
- CIPD level 3 qualification required or working towards
- Hands-on experience with using an HRIS, desirable but not essential
- Familiarity with business software such as Microsoft Office
- Previous experience using Indeed or other online recruitment portals to post and manage job applications desirable
- Strong administration skills
- A high level of confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to work accurately, with attention to detail
- The ability to work as part of a team and autonomously
Terms and Conditions
- Salary: £21,000-£23,000 per annum commensurate with experience
- Annual leave entitlement: 25 days plus public holidays
- Working hours 8:30 to 17:30 Monday to Friday
- Job type: Full-time or Part-time – (Flexible working options available)
- Benefits: Referral Bonus, Eye Care, Discount Card, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Discounted Gym Membership, Wellness & Fitness, Employee Assistance, Pension, Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay. And much more!
To be the trusted global partner for risk management solutions to the maritime and marine sectors.
Our Values – The Ambrey Way
- Accountable- “Safety first” is our promise, it’s the Ambrey way and we don’t compromise on compliance.
- Moral- We pride ourselves on doing the right thing and delivering on our promises with integrity.
- Bold- We value those who strive to master new things. We never stop learning, improving and pursuing the highest quality.
- Reliable- We always deliver. To us this means being dependable, responsive and agile in everything we do.
- Entrepreneurial- It’s our spirit. We innovate, explore, create and elevate. We have fun and celebrate while working hard.
- You, Me & Us- We know teamwork produces the best results for our clients. We are respectful, inclusive, empowering and compassion
If you’re interested in being part of our team, we’d love to hear from you. Just send a cover letter and a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Job Description for this post will be subject to routine review and revision in order to meet the developmental requirements of the company. The post holder may be required to undertake additional appropriate duties as directed and required.