Ambrey is a maritime security services specialist. Established in 2010 to create a security company that was more dynamic and creative than most traditional security firms, we have a fresh approach that puts the client’s needs first. With over 150 permanent staff and 7 global office locations, we are the market leader in providing safety, security, marine and risk management services to the Shipping, Oil & Gas, and Offshore industries.
Ambrey is seeking a Financial Director. The Financial Director will have a hands-on approach to implementing and maintaining all financial controls and systems within the business, identifying and recommending potential operational efficiencies and improvements to working practices and procedures covering financial aspects of the business.
As the main work of this business is overseas, effective liaison with Heads of Department (who in turn will be dealing with overseas suppliers, agents and subcontractors) is paramount.
- Ownership and preparation of time-critical month-end accounts (P&L, balance sheet & cashflow) and WIP.
- Ownership of the weekly / monthly group cashflow forecast.
- Develop and maintain necessary controls, regulatory compliance issues inc. ISO compliance, policies, and procedures to ensure an effective and efficient financial management within the Company.
- Ownership and review of the monthly payroll.
- Ownership of all statutory deadlines including the annual audit for the group, corporation tax, VAT etc. and liaising with external advisers.
- Daily communication with the Group MD and senior leadership who frequently require project-based feasibility financials, forecasts and financial modelling.
- In depth P&L analysis and review, highlighting opportunities where possible.
- Oversee the legacy system integration to a preferred operating system. This will require a significant amount of time and previous experience of migrations and integrations will be a distinct advantage.
- Working alongside the accounting team to ensure month end reporting is adequate for the relevant stakeholders.
- Monitoring debt levels and reporting to Commercial Managers and ELT.
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Year-end reconciliations.
- Be responsible for the annual budgeting, inline with the Group MD’s forward planning.
- Oversee journal preparation and posting.
- Oversee the maintenance of FAR and annual depreciation.
- Leadership, line management and development of a growing finance team.
Qualifications and skills
- ACCA/ACA with a minimum of 5 years post-qualified commercial industry experience.
- Knowledge of using ERP systems.
- Ideally someone who has managed a migration of an operating system.
- Excellent IT skills including all Microsoft Office programs.
- The post holder will require a complex set of skills – must be a combination of process driven, dynamic, forward thinking, and analytical with a high level of flexibility & adaptability.
- Strong administrative skills, with the ability to multi-task in a busy environment, meet deadlines and maintain a high attention to detail.
- A demonstrable knowledge of relevant financial accounting and statutory regulations.
- Excellent communicator with internal and external stakeholders and strong presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Up to date knowledge of accounting/HMRC regulations.
- Confident and able to make informed decisions.
- Experience of operating at a Director, level and leading a team.
Terms and conditions
- Salary: £80,000-£110,000 per annum commensurate with experience
- Annual Leave: 25 days per annum plus public holidays
- Working hours: 08:30am to 17:30pm Monday to Friday
- Job type: Full-time
- Benefits: Referral Bonus, Eye Care, Discount Card, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Discounted Gym Membership, Wellness & Fitness, Employee Assistance Programme, Pension, Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay. And much more!
To be the trusted global provider of safety, security, marine and risk management solutions
Our Values – The Ambrey Way
- Accountable- “Safety first” is our promise, it’s the Ambrey way and we don’t compromise on compliance.
- Moral- We pride ourselves on doing the right thing and delivering on our promises with integrity.
- Bold- We value those who strive to master new things. We never stop learning, improving and pursuing the highest quality.
- Reliable- We always deliver. To us this means being dependable, responsive and agile in everything we do.
- Entrepreneurial- It’s our spirit. We innovate, explore, create and elevate. We have fun and celebrate while working hard.
- You, Me & Us- We know teamwork produces the best results for our clients. We are respectful, inclusive, empowering and compassionate.
The Job Description for this post will be subject to routine review and revision in order to meet the developmental requirements of the company. The post holder may be required to undertake additional appropriate duties as directed and required.