Ambrey is a maritime security services specialist. Established in 2010 to create a security company that was more dynamic and creative than most traditional security firms, we have a fresh approach that puts the client’s needs first. With over 150 permanent staff and 7 global office locations, we are the market leader in providing safety, security, marine and risk management services to the Shipping, Oil & Gas, and Offshore industries.
This position, based in Hereford, is for a full-time Commercial Co-ordinator (CCo) for Ambrey’s Commercial Team. The CCo will work with the company Commercial Team and have responsibility for assisting in all aspects of maritime transits. The post will report to the Senior Commercial Support Manager and Senior Service Delivery Manager .
- Assist in proactively managing the Service Delivery mailboxe. Clear understanding of client and supplier responsibilities.
- Establish and maintain a thorough understanding of all of the Commercial teams clients’ needs and requirements.
- Be involved in the planning and management of maritime transits.
- Assist in the coordination of all transits under the direction of the Commercial
- Ability to network and establish relationships with clients and organisations.
- Have a thorough understanding of the cost and pricing model for a transit so as to ensure the maximisation of profit on every transit.
- Excellent IT skills covering Microsoft Office and Sonar7.
- Ensure compliance and adherence to timelines with all industry codes, client KPIs, schedules, internal prCCoedures and updates.
- Ability to proactively support Commercial Managers delivering on the administrative requirement for each transit to include, but not limited to:
- Flag State Approvals
- Guardcon Contracts and Annex’s
- Platform Summary
- Vessel tracking and reasearch
- Client research
- Undertake any other task which the Commercial Management team deems reasonable from a management perspective.
Qualifications and Skills
- High levels of initiative and self-motivation.
- Have good judgement and decision making skills, with an understanding of the impact on stakeholders.
- Strong multi-tasking skills, with the ability to coordinate activities, facilitate unit goals and manage resource requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills, with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent IT skills covering the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong administration skills, with the ability to assist in numerous projects simultaneously while meeting exacting deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure during emergency situations.
- Ability to analyse, evaluate and recommend new operational systems, policies and procedures to improve best practice.
- Previous experience within the maritime services sector in a commercial or operational co-ordination/administration role.
- Experience of using a SONAR7 system, desirable.
Terms and conditions
- Salary: £18,000 per annum.
- Annual Leave: 25 days per annum, plus public holidays
- 40 Hours per week between 7:00am and 18:00pm as required
- Job type: Full-time, permanent
- A probation period of 6 months
- Benefits: Membership to the Ambrey Pension scheme, LifeWorks EAP, Cyclescheme, Eyecare Vouchers, Tastecard, travel opportunities such as trips to our Villas in Galle, Sri Lanka spending a week with Operations team getting first-hand experience of what we do. And much more!
To be the trusted global provider of safety, security, marine and risk management solutions.
Our Values – The Ambrey Way
- Accountable- “Safety first” is our promise, it’s the Ambrey way and we don’t compromise on compliance.
- Moral- We pride ourselves on doing the right thing and delivering on our promises with integrity.
- Bold- We value those who strive to master new things. We never stop learning, improving and pursuing the highest quality.
- Reliable- We always deliver. To us this means being dependable, responsive and agile in everything we do.
- Entrepreneurial- It’s our spirit. We innovate, explore, create and elevate. We have fun and celebrate while working hard.
- You, Me & Us- We know teamwork produces the best results for our clients. We are respectful, inclusive, empowering and compassion
If you’re interested in being part of our team, we’d love to hear from you. Just send a cover letter and a copy of your CV to OfficeJobs@ambrey.com.
The Job Description for this post will be subject to routine review and revision in order to meet the developmental requirements of the company. The post holder may be required to undertake additional appropriate duties as directed and required.